Please note that the Myriad Cloud Contributor is only available as part of a Myriad Cloud (native) subscription.
Downloading the Myriad Cloud Contributor
You can download the Contributor from:
All levels of Myriad Cloud subscription (Basic, Standard, Pro and Ultimate) include a free streaming mount point (called a User Stream) for each User setup in the Broadcast.Radio portal. User Streams can be used to contribute live content from a remote location for inclusion in your main broadcast.
To make this as simple as possible, we also provide each User with the Myriad Cloud Contribution application (Windows only) that can be used to encode audio from your PC (either from software or an external audio input) and send it to your Myriad Cloud system. These User Streams are only available to your Myriad Cloud system (or other Myriad Cloud systems if you contribute to more than one station). Myriad Cloud allows you to create Media Items that relay User Streams for inclusion in your broadcast.
To setup and use the Myriad Cloud Contributor, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Myriad Cloud Contributor (no license is required).
- Once installed, the first time you launch the Myriad Cloud Contributor, you will be asked for your Broadcast.Radio Username & Password.
- Add your login credentials and click on the Sign In button. The Myriad Cloud Contributor will now download your User Stream connection details directly from your Broadcast.Radio account so you do not have to manually configure the application to connect to your User Stream.
- Once the information has been downloaded, the application will start.
- The Myriad Cloud Contributor will use your Default Sound Device for recording. If you wish to selected an alternate Audio Input Device, click on Settings > Stream Settings.
And select the Audio Input device you would like to use as the audio source for your User Stream.
If you want to use the Output from some software on your PC (like a local copy of Myriad Playout or Mixxx) then you can use the Output Loopback as your primary audio source. Select the Output Audio Device that your software is using and this audio will be sent to your User Stream via the Myriad Cloud Contributor.
- When you are happy, click on OK.
- To start sending audio to your User Stream, click on the OFF AIR button to switch it is ON AIR.
It may take a few seconds to connect (depending on your internet speed) but once a connection is established, the ON AIR button will be visible and the Status: Connected will be displayed.
- Check to make sure audio is being sent to your User Stream using the VU Bars.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This just means that you are sending audio from your local PC to your User Stream. This audio will not be broadcast on your station unless Myriad Cloud is set to 'play' your User Stream via a Streaming Media Item.
- To finish your live contribution, click on the ON AIR button.
You will be asked to confirm you wish to end the connection to your User Stream.
- If you wish to login to Broadcast.Radio with a different user account, click on Settings > Sign In To A Different Broadcast.Radio Account.
This will log you off and allow you to login as a different broadcast.radio User.
- Broadcast Live On Myriad Cloud Using BUTT or Mixxx (PC, Linux & Mac)
- Broadcast Live, Interactive Shows With Multiple Presenters On Myriad Cloud (Windows PC, Mac, Linux)