Cloud Playout systems provide two ways that you can interact with your system.
Direct Control For Admin & Scheduling
The first control option is to directly control the system via the included RealVNC account. You need to install the RealVNC viewer application on any PC you want to be able to directly control your Cloud Playout system.
Each person you want to provide Direct Access to will require a free RealVNC account which we can add for you (you need to send us their name, contact details and email address). Once enabled, the RealVNC viewer software will allow them full and direct access to your Cloud Playout system just like sitting in front of it.
Direct Control is generally reserved for Scheduling and Administration purposes and should be restricted to your stations administration staff or management.
Typical tasks that require direct control include:
- Adding and editing Clocks
- Assigning Clocks to hours
- Manually scheduling (although this can be fully automated)
- Mass changing on the Media Wall
- Direct audio editing
- Mass importing content (although this can be automated using AutoImport and Dropbox)
- Mass deleting content
- Adding and editing Users and User Permissions
- General Reports
- Controlling support applications (RES, OCP, BR Encoder, AutoImporter etc)
- Accessing audio logs (if Myriad Logging option enabled)
Direct Control gives you full, remote control access for all Myriad Playout features.
Direct Control should not be used for Voice Tracking, even by admin staff as Myriad Anywhere is specifically designed to offer that functionality.
Myriad Anywhere For Show Prep & Voice Tracking
In addition to the administration access provided by Direct Control, Myriad Anywhere a range of remote creative tools that are intended for presenter access to allow them to prepare shows, add voice tracks and even control live shows (with Anywhere Pro & Cleanfeed).
You should provide Myriad Anywhere access to presenters and members of your creative team that need to prepare or present shows.
Myriad Anywhere should also be used for show preparation, voice tracking etc by everyone, even if they have access to Direct Control as Myriad Anywhere is specifically designed to offer these functions remotely.
Access to Myriad Anywhere is controlled by the User Permissions in Myriad Playout and will need to be enabled on either an individual or group permissions level.
Typical tasks that are accessed via Myriad Anywhere include:
- View and edit the Log
- Edit segues in automated shows
- Full Voice Tracking (inc volume editing) into automated shows
- Download and review content
In addition, Anywhere Pro offers access to the following tasks:
- Upload new content (single items)
- Download existing content
- Edit Media Item meta data (Title, Artist, Category, Intro, Extro Hook etc - but not edit the audio)
- Take direct live control of playout (for live shows) - requires Cleanfeed or IPDTL (or similar) for two-way audio link
- View and trigger favourites
- Direct 'live' Player control
- Direct 'live' Dashboard control
By combining these technologies you can provide the appropriate level of access for presenters and station management.
Please sign in to leave a comment.