There is not a direct duplicates report in Myriad 5 Playout, but there is a fairly fast and simple way to find duplicates and delete them from the Media Wall.
- In Myriad Playout Click on Reports > Media Reports
- Click on All Songs on the left hand Content List. This will display all Songs on the system.
- Click on the Show Group By button on the Results ribbon. This will reveal a new ‘Group By’ section above the search results. The Group By feature allows you to group search results by a field in the search results so that the results are displayed grouped by the selected criteria. So for example, if you grouped by Artists, all the Songs by a specific Artist would be grouped together in the search results. In this case we are looking for duplicate titles so we would want to add the Titles criteria to the Group By Area.
- To do this, left click on the Title column header and drag it into the Group By Area.
- This will change the Search Results to display items grouped by Title.
In the example above you can see that there are two versions of the Song ‘Code Monkey’.
TIP: You can use Group By to organise your search results in lots of useful ways. Because you can nest the Group By criteria by dragging in more than one 'column header' it is possible gain valuable insight into your content. In the example below we have first Grouped By Artists, then added Year as as a sub grouping. As you can see in the Search Results section, the content is not grouped by Artists with Songs grouped by Year under each Artists, so in this example, Shawn Mendes has six Songs listed, four of them were released in 2016, one in 2019 and one of them does not have a Year assigned.
- You now need to manually choose which duplicates your want to delete. To do this, scroll through the list holding down the <Ctrl> button on your keyboard and left click on the items you want to delete.
In this example we have selected the duplicate ‘Code Monkey’ Song as well as two unneeded versions of Axel F. Continue to scroll down the list and select the items you want to delete. Depending on how many items you have, this may take some time.
- Once you have selected all the items you want to delete, click on the Mass Delete button on the Results Ribbon.
- You will then be asked to confirm that you want to Mass Delete multiple times. If you are sure you want to delete the selected items, confirm the action at each of the confirmation dialogues.
- Once you have confirmed the process, the system will delete the selected items.
- Once the process is complete, the Search Results will be updated accordingly.
You can see that only a single version of ‘Code Monkey’ and ‘Axel F’ remains.
- Once you are happy, you can close the Media Reports window.