UPDATE: MyStation has been renamed to broadcast.radio. This article has been updated to reflect this change.
If you have opted for the Alexa Skill option in broadcast.radio (MyStation) then you can setup your skill following the easy steps in the document below.
- Go to the “Voice Skills” page on broadcast.radio (MyStation), or click here: https://broadcast.radio/station/x/options/skills
- Under “Main Invocation Phrase”, enter your station name (use phonetic spelling – i.e. spell out numbers and ‘dot’). This is the main trigger phrase that Alexa will use to activate your Skill. The system will suggest a phrase for you, which is shown in italics. Make sure you’re happy with this name, as it can’t be changed without submitting a new Skill.
- Click the “Alexa” button at the bottom. Click “Yes” on the pop-up asking if you want to continue. The system will begin to build your Alexa skill.
- A member of the Broadcast Radio team will review the invocation word you provided, to make sure it meets the requirements.
- Once approved by us, your Skill will be submitted to Amazon for review. Amazon manually review all new skills. This normally takes less than 48 hours. Once the skill is approved by Amazon, it may take an additional 2-3 days to propagate out, until then it won’t appear in the search.
If you have not enabled the Alexa Skill option for broadcast.radio (MyStation), contact email@example.com for the latest pricing information.
You can also download a PDF version of this walkthrough using the link below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.