BR Live is our audio connection technology that can be used to send bi-directional and multi-directional audio between one or more locations for the purposes of remote 'live' shows and contribution.
Typical uses include:
- Enabling remote live shows via Myriad Anywhere - The presenter can hear the station output as well as send audio from their location (usually voice but could be anything) for inclusion in the broadcast.
- Enabling remote guest contributions - In addition, BR Live offers the option to enable sending contribution 'invites' to guests to join in your local or remote shows. This facility can be used in conjunction with Myriad Anywhere for remote shows, or independently for shows running locally (using BR Live Pro).
- Enabling independent audio connections - BR Live Pro also offers the option to create audio 'rooms' that run totally independently from Myriad & Myriad Anywhere allowing you to connect two or more presenters / contributors for inclusion in your broadcasts or recording. This option allows you to use BR Live even if you do not use Myriad 5 Playout.
In order to allow stations to access the features that they require for their station, we offer BR Live in three editions.
BR Live Feature Comparison
|Description||BR Live||BR Live Plus||BR Live Pro|
|Access Via:||Myriad Anywhere Pro (Cloud) only||Myriad Anywhere Pro (Cloud) only||Any compatible web browser (via broadcast.radio/live portal)|
|Number Of 'Audio Rooms'||One per Myriad Studio license (always connects to 'On Air' workstation)||One per Myriad Studio license (always connects to 'On Air' workstation)||One or more (depending on license)|
|Live & Talk Channel Enabled||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Maximum Number Of Participants In A Room||2 (presenters)||5 (inc presenters & guests)||5 (inc presenters & guests)|
|Invite Guest Contributor Links||No||Yes||Yes|
|Also Enables BR Live Plus Features||NA||NA||Yes (if you are also subscribed to Anywhere Pro (Cloud))|
|Costs||Included with Anywhere Pro (Cloud)||Add £5 pcm to Anywhere Pro Cloud||
1 x Audio Room £12.50 pcm
2 x Audio Room £20.00 pcm
5 x Audio Room £30.00 pcm
Prices exclude VAT where applicable.
Which Edition Should You Choose?
Choosing the best option for you depends on what you want to achieve and also what equipment / software you already have. Below are a few common scenarios and which edition of BR Live would be best suited to the station.
Station already using Myriad Anywhere Pro (Cloud) for remote live shows
The great news for this station is that Myriad Anywhere Pro (Cloud) includes the standard version of BR Live integrated directly into Myriad Anywhere. This means that all that they need to do is upgrade to the latest version (for free) and contact Broadcast Radio about enabling their MyStation account. This will allow up to two live presenters to connect to the 'on air' studio via Myriad Anywhere and contribute live, real-time voice content as well as chat 'off air' via the Talk channel. The presenters will also be able to hear the station audio 'output' at the remote location.
Station with Myriad Anywhere Pro (Cloud) wants to expand remote shows to include more presenters as well as send guest invites
If the same station wants to allow more presenters to participate in live remote shows as well as invite contribution from guests then they can upgrade BR Live Plus which adds the ability to generate 'guest invites' via the MyStation website or directly from the BR Live web page, which can be sent to 'one off' contributors to enable them to participate in live shows via a compatible web browser. Guests login via an emailed link (or code entered on the Broadcast Radio Live website) to enter the 'green room'. The Presenter(s) will be able to see guests in the 'green room' and admit them when they are ready to speak to them. The guest can hear the station output and the presenters can enable and disable the guests microphone contribution as required. Presenters and guest can also chat 'off air' via the Talk channel.
BR Live Plus also increases the maximum number of participants in each 'audio room' to up to five including all presenters and guests.
Stations who don't have access to Myriad Anywhere Pro (Cloud)
As both BR Live and BR Live Plus are accessed via Myriad Anywhere Pro (Cloud), stations that don't have Myriad Anywhere Pro (Cloud) will not be able to use the BR Live features as described in the previous two scenarios.
These stations might include:
- Myriad 3 & 4 users.
- Myriad Anywhere Pro (Self Hosted) users.
- Myriad 5 users that do not subscribe to Anywhere Pro (Cloud).
- Stations using 3rd party playout systems.
For these stations, BR Live Pro provides the ideal solution to allow them to link remote contributors and guests to studio locations via a compatible web browser running at the receiving location. BR Live Pro offers many of the same features as BR Live Plus but the key difference is that everything is managed via the Broadcast Radio Live web portal meaning that you can use BR Live Pro totally independently to Myriad Anywhere.
Key uses include:
- Adding remote contribution to older playout systems.
- Allow simple recording of shows, interviews and contribution in 'off air' studios.
- Link sites for outside broadcasts.
- Expand system to meet your needs (with more audio rooms to allow independent concurrent audio meetings).
BR Live Pro also enables all the benefits of BR Live Plus for stations that subscribe to both BR Live Pro and Myriad Anywhere Pro (Cloud).
For more information on the benefits of BR Live visit - Broadcast Radio Live - Audio Connections Anywhere
To learn how to present a live 'remote' show using Anywhere Pro (Cloud) and BR Live, watch the video below.