In this help article we will look at how to access the statistics for a station as well as generate a quarterly Listener Hour totals which may be needed for copyright submissions (PPL/PRS in the UK).
To view the statistics for a Station follow these steps:
- Select the Station Tab for the Station you want to view stats for.
- Click on the View Statistics button.
- This will open the Statistics window.
Working With The Statistics Window
- Change the Station you are viewing stats for.
- Change date Period. Use the drop down to select common time ranges or choose Custom to set your own date range.
- Change the Statistic Type using the option buttons. Options include:
Summary - Provides a list of the most useful information.
Connections - Shows the number of concurrent connections for a given date range. This is displayed as a line chart.
Listeners - This shows the total number of unique listeners (IP addresses and User Agents) for the specified date range. This can be displayed as a total number or as a bar chart (by hour or day).
Total Connections - This shows the total number of connections (current and previous) for the selected date range. This is displayed as a number.
Average Session Duration - This shows the average time duration that listeners were listening within the selected date range. Can be displayed as a single number or a bar chart (by day or hour).
Total Duration - This shows the total duration of listening (listener hours) for the selected date / time range. This is displayed as a number.
Country - Shows the estimated country of origin of listeners (based on IP address). This can be displayed as a pie chart or a bar chart (for an individual country).
Devices - This shows the devices or platforms used to access your station. This can be displayed either as a pie chart or as a bar graph per device (showing peak usages by hour or day).
- The Stream option allow you to select the Stream you want to view statistics for. If you have more than one Stream configured, you can also opt to view combined stats for all Streams.
- The Date Range options are only enabled when the Period is set to Custom. Once the Custom option is selected you can set the start and end dates by clicking and selecting using the drop down calendar.
- The Group By Hour / Day option is enabled on some Statistic types that include bar charts. These can typically be changed to display the data grouped by hour or day depending on how much details you need to be able to see. Please note that the scope of the options available are dependent on the selected time period so for example, if you are looking at less than a 7 day time frame, you can select to view the stats by hour but a greater time period would limit the selection to 'by day'. For shorter time frame, more granular options will be enabled such as '6 hour' or '15 minutes'.
- The Export button allows you to export the data for the selected Statistic and Date Range in a CSV format that can be imported into other data handling applications (like Excel).
- Whilst the display will automatically update if you change the Statistic Type, when you select a new Date Period, you will need to click on the Update button to update the statistics from the database.
- The lower section of the window displays the selected statistic for the given time period.
The data displayed in this area will differ depending on the type of statistic being displayed. Some options allow you to switch between pie charts, bar graphs or summary numbers. Where options exist, you will see selection buttons to the top right which allow you to switch between the display modes.
Accessing Quarterly Listener Hour Total
If you need to get quarterly Listener Hour reports for reporting to a copyright body, follow these steps:
- Click on View Menu > Total Listener Hours for copyright reporting.
- This will open the Listener Hours window.
- Select the Station from the drop down list.
- Choose the Stream from the drop down list.
- Select the Reporting Period (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4).
- Select the Year.
- Select the Stat Type, Total will display based on the actual numbers in the database. Projected Total will project for the whole quarter based on current data.
- The Results will be displayed in the lower section of the window.
- Click on the Copy to Clipboard button to copy the results so you can paste them into another document.