Thishelp article will walk you through the steps needed to add a new Station to BR Stats or add individual 'Streams' under the Stations.
Adding Stations To BR Stats
To add a Station to BR Stats, follow these steps:
- Click on the Stations Menu and select New Station.
- Type In the Station Name.
- Click on OK to save and close. Please note that if you have not added at least one Stream you will be prompted to add a Stream before the Edit Station window closes.
Select Yes to add a Stream or No to close without adding a Stream to the Station.
Adding Streams To Stations
Streams are individual 'mount points' for your Station. So if for example you offer your customers a high and low quality option, that would be two Streams. You can also setup Streams from different providers within a single Station so if your station uses different streaming hosts then you can add them all to the Station and then access combined stats as well as individual stats per stream.
To add a Stream to your Station follow these steps:
- Select the Station you want to add a Stream to.
- Click on the Stations Menu and select Edit Station (you can also rename your Station from here).
- In the Edit Station window, click on the '+' button to Add A Stream.
- This will open the Edit Stream window which can be used to add the stream connection details provided by your streaming host.
You will need to provide all the following information:
Name - Any name you want to use to identify your stream (e.g. Hot FM Mp3).
Server Type - Choose Icecast or Shoutcast (if you stream with Broadcast Radio select Icecast).
Enabled - Toggle to enabled / disable the Stream.
Host - The core address of your providers streaming server (this will be pre-populated with the default streaming host for Broadcast Radio customers).
Port - The unique Port number provided by your streaming provider.
Icecast Mount Point / Shoutcast Streaming ID - This is the unque mount point extension that will be supplied by your streaming provider.
Admin Username - Usually 'admin' for Icecast.
Admin Password - This will usually be supplied by your streaming provider.
Also Gather From Resilient Server - This tick option is for Broadcast Radio streaming customers that have opted for a resilient (across two servers) service (Platinum streaming).
- Once you have added all the details, click on OK to save and close the window.
Your Stream will appear in the list.
- If you need to add another Stream, click on the '+' button, otherwise click on OK to close the window.
You will see our Stream(s) listed under the Station Tabs.