If you're experiencing issues with your audio devices, this article will help you troubleshoot, depending on the error message.
Error Locating Microphone
This could happen if your microphone is unplugged, or following an update to your operating system or browser.
Google Chrome users may experience this error, following a recent Chrome update. In this update, Chrome changed the format of the 'identifiers' it uses for microphones. You can work around this easily, by changing your device settings.
First, let's go to the Audio Settings. Go to Options > Media Engine Settings.
Make sure you've selected "No, let me specify custom devices".
From the Audio Input Device dropdown, pick your microphone.
Click Save. You should now be able to record.
Privacy Settings Blocked Microphone Access
This error happens if Windows, macOS or Linux is blocking app access to the microphone.
- Go to the start menu and open Settings
- In the search box, type "privacy"
- Click on the "Privacy" options
- Check that Microphone access for this device is on. If it isn't, click Change.
- Finally, ensure that Allow apps to access your microphone is flipped to On.
Microphone Access Denied
This error means that your web browser has refused to let Myriad Anywhere access the microphone, which happens if you clicked "Block" or "Reject" on the following prompt. If you don't use your microphone much in your browser, you might see a microphone icon with a red X in the address bar.
Although the method of removing the block is browser-specific, it is similar in Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
- Look at the address bar for a microphone with a red X. Click on this button.
- Select Always allow Myriad Anywhere to access your microphone
- Click Done. You may need to click Refresh before your microphone works.
- Click button to the top left of the Address Bar. This might look like a microphone, or a pair of cross-faders.
- Click the X next to Use the microphone to clear the block.
- The next time you use the microphone, you'll see a prompt appear like this. Check Remember this decision and press Allow.