In order for Broadcast.radio (MyStation) to include information about the presenters or shows as part of the Schedule feature on the Web Player (and optionally website and Mobile Apps). You first need to tell it what shows are scheduled for each hour of the week. To provide you with the flexibility adjust your displayed schedule as required but with still make managing the system as simple as possible, Broadcast.radio (MyStation) introduces three elements to help you manage your published schedule. The are arranged hierarchically such that your Default Assignment can be overridden by a date specific Assignment and both can be overridden directly by changes made in the Calendar.
- Default Assignment – This is the default allocations of shows on a rolling weekly basis. So a show assigned to 10pm on a Monday will appear in your schedule every Monday at 10pm unless it is overridden by a Date Specific Assignment or directly in the Calendar.
- Date Specific Assignments – These are similar to the Default Assignment except that is it only applied between the specific set dates. During those dates it will override the Default Assignment (but not changes made directly in the Calendar). This is great for date specific changes such as Christmas.
- Calendar – This view allows you to see the Shows / Presenters that are assigned to any hour of any date (based on the Default Assignment or a Date Specific Assignment). You can manually override the Show / Presenter assigned to an specific hour(s) if required. This is great for one off shows or last-minute changes to your schedule.
Building a Default Assignment (rolling weekly Show assignment)
Please note that if you already have a Default Assignment setup and wish to create a new one, you must edit the existing Default Assignment and Edit the settings to remove it's Default status!
Click on Content > Assignments, this will show a list of current Assignments as well as the 'run dates' for any date specific Assignments.
When you click on the Add button you are will see an option menu appear to the right to allow you to set the basic options for the Assignment.
- Name – Add a name for the Assignment.
- Run From / Run To – Set the starting & end date. This is only used for Date Specific Assignments. In this case we will not use if as we are adding a new Default Assignment.
- Use The Default Schedule Assignment Grid – This option will pre-populate the new Assignment with the content of the Default Assignment grid (as a starting point).
- Make Default – This is only visible if no Default is has been set. This will make the Assignment the Default Assignment
In this example we are adding a new Default Assignment (and don't currently have one) so we need to toggle the Make Default option on.
This will disable the Run From / To options as Default Assignments cannot have run dates by definition! When you have added a Name, click on Add.
The new Assignment will be added to the list. Use the Drop Down option to select Edit so you can assign Shows or Presenters within your Default Assignment
Please note you can also edit an existing other existing Assignment, remove its ‘default’ status or delete it using the drop down menu option on each Assignment.
In this case we want to assign Shows to the hours of the week in the Default Assignment Grid, so select Edit. This will open the Default Assignment Grid, in this case it is empty as it was only just created.
To add a show, use the left mouse button to select the time span for the Show.
Once you have selected the time span, the Show Details appear to the right of the window. These allow you to set the criteria for the show.
- Start / End Date / Time – These will be pre-populated with the selected time span but you can manually edit them if required.
- Repeat – You can select which days of the week the Show should be duplicated to. This is handy for shows that are on the same time each day (like Breakfast).
- Select Show – Select the Show you want to assign from the drop down list.
In the example above, the 'Billy's Bangers' Show has been selected and the show is set to repeat from 00:00 to 9:59 from Monday to Friday.
Repeat this process until you have fill the week with Shows.
Here you can see see the rest of the Schedule has been assigned with Shows.
Date Specific Assignments
You can also create Assignment Grids that will be used on a specific date range. The process is basically the same as when we created the Default Assignment except that you need to set a specific start and end date.
- Click on Content > Schedule
- Click on Assignments.
- Click on Add.
- Give the grid a relevant name.
- Set the Start Date / Time.
- Set the End Date / Time.
- Toggle the ‘Use the Default Schedule Assignment Grid’ option if you want to pre-populate your new grid with the shows from the Default Grid. If you leave this set to the Off position then the grid will initially be empty.
- Click on the Add
- You can now assign Shows as outlined in the previous section.
Removing default Assignment status
If you no longer want an Assignment to be the default follow these steps:
- Click on Content > Schedule > Assignments.
- Use the drop down option menu on your Default Assignment and select the Edit option.
- On the Assignment Edit window, click on the Edit button on the top right hand corner.
- Select the Completely Stand Alone option from the Edit Menu. This will remove the Default status.
- IMPORATNT: Remember to build a new Default Assignment or switch an existing Assignment to be the default, otherwise the Schedule feature in your Web Player / Mobile App / Website will not work!
Viewing & Editing The Calendar View
The Calendar View allows you to view what Shows assigned to any specific date. You can also manually override the Assigned Shows to change the schedule for a specific date and time.
To view the Calendar click on Content > Calendar.
This will display the Calendar View.
There are several options on this screen.
- Date – Displays the date of the day you are looking at.
- Assigned Shows – You can see the Shows or Presenters that are assigned automatically using either the Default Assignment or a Date Specific Assignment Grid you have setup.
- Assignment In Use - This shows the Assignment that was used to populate this date.
- Assigned Shows - This displays the Shows currently assigned for each hour of the day.
- Edit The Assignment Used - If you want to change the Shows in the Assignment template, you can access it from here.
- Scroll & Jump To Date - You can scroll along the date line using the left / right scroll buttons. You can also jump to a specific date using the Jump button.
Manually Overriding Shows For A Specific Day
The Calendar will display the Shows assigned from either the Default Assignment or a Date Specific Assignment.
If you wish to override these assignments for a specific date you can follow the steps below:
- Click on Content. > Calendar
- Simply use the left mouse button to select a time range.
- You will be asked whether you wish make a 'One Off' change just for the selected date and time, or edit the Assignment used for the selected date time.
- Click One Off Change and the selected day will be switched to Override mode which allow you to manually edit the Show assigned to the hours.
- You will see that the time range is preselected in the options window to the right. Simply select the new Show to assign to this time range and click on Save.
- You can see from the updated Calendar view that the new Show has been added plus it is clear that the original Assignment has been overridden.
The Broadcast.radio (MyStation) Web Player (and website and Apps) will display these Shows but only for the the specific date listed in the Calendar. Next Monday it will drop back to the normal Show assigned in the Default Assignment unless you intervene!
The best way to learn how to use the Schedule / Show / Assignment features in Broadcast.radio (MyStation) is to experiment until you get the schedule you want.