In this article we will cover the simple process of connecting your stream or streams to the broadcast.radio platform which will then be used for the Web Player (for BR website, BR microsite & 3rd party websites) as well as your optional Mobile Apps and Alexa/Google Smart Speaker Skills.
To setup one or more Streams for your Web Player follow these steps.
- Click on Settings > Streams.
- This will display a list of your existing Stream connections.
- Next click on the Add button.
- You will see the settings option will float in from the right hand side.
- Type in the following details which should be supplied by your stream hosting provider.
- Stream Type – Should be set to Icecast or Shoutcast (Icecast if we provide your streaming)
- Stream Name – The name that will appear on the stream.
- Server Address – Set the server address for the stream as provided by your streaming provider. It should be in the following format: servername:port
- Mount Name – Type in the 'mountpoint' for your stream. This is the unique name supplied by your stream provider.
When you are sure you have the details correctly added (they must be exactly as supplied), click on the Add button.
You can add multiple Streams to the Web Player and it will try the top stream first, then move to the next stream if the top one is unavailable or if the bandwidth is too high.
You can change the order of the streams by dragging up and down.
You can also edit the streams or delete them by clicking on the ‘…’ option.
Please sign in to leave a comment.