Broadcast.radio websites include the ability to automatically manage advert banners on each page. To enable this feature is a two step process:
- Enable the advert banner(s) you want to apply to your website in the Design Options section.
- Add one or more graphical advert banners (of the correct size) to the corresponding Lists automatically created when you do step 1.
To add advert banners to your website follow these steps:
- Click on Settings > Site Layout > Options then click on the Design Options button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list of Design Options until you see the Advertising section.
- Tick the banner advert that you want to be added to your site. In this example we will add a 300x600 (large skyscraper) advert by ticking the option.
Here you can see the place holder for the advert has been added to the preview.
If you have not previously enabled this feature, you may be prompted to allow the system to generate a new 'List' for these adverts. If you are prompted, click the option to allow the system to create the List.
- Click on the Save button (top right) to save the design changes.
Now if you view your site you will see the place holder for the banner but because we have not added any adverts yet, it will be blank!
So now we need to add some adverts to the List that the system created. To do that, follow these steps:
- Click on Content > Website > Lists > Adverts (300x600), this is the List generated by the system. Images put into this List will be randomly selected to be displayed on Pages.
- This will open the List Builder window which allows you to browse your existing images or upload a new image.
Let's add a couple of banner adverts of the correct size!
- Click on the Click or Drop Here To Upload button to browse for your first banner advert image.
- Once the image has uploaded, drag it from the Media Library to the List on the left hand side.
- If the image is the wrong aspect ration, you will have the option to 'crop' the image to determine how it will appear.
- The advert has now been added to the List but we may still need set the date that you want the advert to run from and too.
- Click on the 'three dots' to the right if the advert to access the menu and select Edit.
- This will allow you to set more details about the advert such as a Title, Notes, URL to open when clicked (advertisers website) and Show After / Hide After dates.
Fill in the details as appropriate.
- When you are happy click on Save.
- Add in as many other Adverts to the List as you need.
- When you are happy with the banner adverts you have added to the list, click on the Publish button to save the List.
Now each time a visitor loads a Page on your website, one for the valid adverts will be displayed at random!