If you have the broadcast.radio website add-on enabled, you can use this article to see how to quickly alter many of the main colours in your website using the Design Options section.
- Login to your broadcast.radio account.
- Click on Settings > Site Layout > Options.
- Click on the Design Options button in the Theme Settings section.
- Most of this page is dedicated to altering the look and features of your Menu bars and Launch Box but the bit we are interested in is the Edit Colour Scheme button in the top left.
- This opens the Colour Scheme Settings window which can be used to set the background and text colour for many areas of your website.
The options are:
- Main Background - The background colour for the editable area on each page on your site (but not the Launch Box, Header or Footer - we will refer to this area Pages from now on).
- Main Text - The colour of the general text in the Pages. These can be overridden on the Pages themselves within Paragraph Blocks.
- Links - The colour of links you add to Pages.
- Normal Header Background - This applies to the background of the Header section on all Pages except the Homepage (when the Launch Box is enabled).
- Normal Header Text - This applies to the text of the Header section on all Pages except the Homepage (when the Launch Box is enabled).
- Header Play Button - This applies to the Play Button found in the header on all Pages except the Homepage (if Launch Box is enabled).
- Launch Box Background - This applies to background of the Launch Box which is displayed at the top of the Homepage (if enabled). Please note this can be overridden by an image as in the example below.
- Launch Box Text - This applies to the text in the Launch Box only.
- Launch Box Play Button - This applies to the Play button on the Launch Box only.
- Menu Background - This applies to the background of the Main Menu on all Pages.
- Menu Text - This applies to the text on the Main Menu on all pages.
- Menu Drop Down Background - This applies to the background of the Main Menu when you hover over an option or also any sub menu items you have setup.
- Menu Drop Down Text - This applies to the text of the Main Menu when you hover over an option or also any sub menu items you have setup.
- Now Playing Label - This applies to the Label displayed over the 'Now Playing' information.
- Album Artwork Background - This sets the background colour for the area on the player that normally shows album art.
- Show Artwork Background - This sets the background colour for the area that displays the Show art.
TIP: In the image above, the background colour has been set to Transparent so the round Show Image blends into the background!
When you click on any of these options, you can select the desired colour from the colour window.
Some of the options also include a Transparency setting as well to allow you to set the element to be fully or semi-transparent.
As you change these settings, the main display will update in real time so you can see the effect your colour choice is making on your site.
These changes will not be applied to your 'live site' until you click on the Save button.
If you want to exit without applying any of the changes you have made, click on Cancel
Please sign in to leave a comment.