The broadcast.radio website add-on includes a feature to allow you to create a simple Blogs style page and periodically add new Posts to the Page.
To do this is a two stage process:
- Add a new Custom Page called Blogs and an Advanced Post Grid to the Page that is set to display Blog Posts.
- Add some new Posts to your website that are set and Blogs.
Let's run through each of these in turn.
Creating A Blog Page
We can use a Custom Page to create a new Page to host our Blog posts.
- Click on Settings > Site Layout > Enabled Pages and then click on the Add button.
- Select Custom Page from the Available Pages popup.
- Give is an appropriate name and click OK.
- Find your new Page in the Enabled Pages list and click on Edit.
- Use the '+' button to add the Blog Post Grid Element from the list (use search to find it if needed). You can add any other text you like as well.
For more details on using these Page building tools see - Editing Pages.
- You will see the Blog POst Grid in the page. You can change the Title and also the Max number to display.
- When you are happy with your Blog page, click on Publish.
Of course you also need to add your Blog Page to your Main Menu.
This process is covered in detail in this article - Building Menus.
But the process is:
- Click on Settings > Site Layout > Menu Builder.
- Click on the Add button.
- Select the Blogs Page from the list.
- Drag the Blogs Page up or down the Main Menu list of you want to change the position in the menu.
Adding Your First Post
Now that we have a Blog Page (and have added it to the menu), it is time to create our first Blog Post.
- Click on the Dashboard and then New Post.
- You will be asked to select the type of Post you want to create. Choose Blog from the options.
- You can then create your Blog Post just as you create any other Pager (See Editing Pages).
Be sure to add in Title, Content, Blog Image & Blog Summary, plus anything else you like.
- When you are happy, click on Publish.
Now that we have added both the Blog Page and our first Blog Post, we can see how it looks on our website.
Here is our Blogs page with the first Blog listed!
You can click on the Blog Post to access the full story.
And that is all you need to do. You can now add Blogs to your website.