This article will outline the most common steps in setting up a broadcast.radio account for your station as well as link to articles covering all of these tasks in detail.
There are many additional options available for broadcast.radio and your station may not have access to everything outlined in this article. If you would like to discuss adding any of these features to your broadcast.radio account then please email email@example.com.
Standard broadcast.radio account (streaming & web player)
This is the standard account for stations and includes the following features:
- Advanced Web Player (to be embedded on 3rd part websites)
- Presenters & Shows
- Station Schedule
- Playout Integration (Myriad and selected 3rd party systems)
- One page 'Microsite'
We recommend setting up your broadcast.radio account in the following order:
- Station Settings - Set the basic information about your station as well as fundamentals such as station logo and colour schemes.
- Social Media Settings - Setup links to your social media and MixCloud accounts.
- Streams - Setup the link to your streaming provider (BR or 3rd party) to be used by Web Player, Mobile Apps (if enabled) and Smart Speaker Skills (if enabled).
- Playout Integration - Setup the 'now playing' link between broadcast.radio and your Myriad system (or compatible 3rd party playout system).
- Web Player Design & Embedding - Setup how you want your Web Player to look and what features to include. You can also get the 'embed' code for adding it to 3rd party websites.
- Add Presenters - Add a brief profile for each presenter on your station.
- Add Shows - Add a brief profile for each Show on your station.
- Build Your Schedule - Assign Shows to hours of the week so that you can display your schedule in your Web Player (and on your website if you have that option enabled).
- Add Users - Add any additional Users you want to be able to access your broadcast.radio portal.
- Build & Test Your Microsite - Check you have completed the information needed for your one page Microsite and check how it will appear to visitors.
Website enabled broadcast.radio customers
In addition to the standard features outlined above, if you have opted for the website add-on then your broadcast.radio account will have everything included in the standard package plus be enhanced with the following features:
- Full 'Responsive' Website
- Advanced Launch Box Player
- Prebuilt Radio Specific 'Widgets'
- Enhanced Show & Presenter Pages
- News (manual and automated)
- Playlists (manual and automated)
- Banner Adverts
- Template Website (just add your content)
- Custom Pages
- Advanced Page Editor
All of the setup steps in the Standard Account will also be needed for web enabled accounts so you should first work through the setup steps in the standard section before completing the steps below:
- Set Wider Colours - Web enabled accounts have more detailed control over the colours used in their websites.
- Design Launch Box - The Launch Box is an advanced 'player' feature that is located on your homepage so that it is the first thing visitors see.
- Enable Pre-built Pages - The template website has some pre-built pages enabled but you can remove the ones you don't need or add in other pre-built content.
- Edit Home Page / About etc - The template website comes with a range of common pages ready to be edited to show your content. You can also add your own Custom Pages as needed.
- Building & Managing Menus - Setup the menus that visitors will use to navigate your site.
- Setting Up Lists & Grids- Lists & Grids allow you to easily add advanced features such as 'Meet the team' or On-Air Profiles to your webpages.
- Add Google Analytics - Add tracking code so you can see how your website is performing.
- Link To Domain Name - If you have your own domain, we will tell you how to link it to your broadcast.radio website. Coming Soon
- Setup Advert Banners - You can add advert banners to your site if you wish.
- Enable Weather - Add a weather element to your pages.
- Blogs - Add a Blogs section to your site.
- Landing Pages - Design advanced landing pages to display as people arrive at your site.
- News - Add local (manual) and automated news (Radio News Hub / RSS) feeds to your site.
- Publish & Test Your Site - Check out how your site will look for visitors.
As the broadcast.radio platform continues to develop, we will add more sections to this article!