If you need to update / replace the audio only for a Media Item but leave all the other metadata (Title, Category, Copyright etc) the same, follow these steps.
- Select the Media Item you want to replace the audio for, on the Media Wall.
- Click on the Edit button on the ribbon (or right click and edit).
- Click on the Replace Audio button.
- You will receive a warning message which you must confirm to proceed.
- Navigate to the audio file you want to use to replace the audio.
- The audio for the Media Item will be replaced but all other details will remain the same.
- Click Save and close the Edit Window.
You can also use settings on the Basic Overrides & Schedule Overrides tab to keep Title and Scheduling information when overwriting content with the AutoImporter.
By ticking these two options, media imported via that AutoImporter Group will replace the audio but retail in basic titling and scheduling information, effectively doing the same thing as the Replace Audio function.