Nobody likes paying bills! But when you receive an invoice from Broadcast Radio, the least we can do is make it as easy to pay as possible!
This short guide will walk you through the process of paying a Broadcast Radio invoices online or setting up automatic payments for subscription services.
Jump straight to what you are interested in:
We use a cloud accountancy package called Xero that allows us to send you invoices directly via email, which you can pay online using the Pay Now button at the top of the email.
Your invoice email will look like this.
- PDF - You can save or print a copy of your invoice.
- Pay Now Button / Link - You can pay online with either option.
- Amount & Due Date - Shows the amount owed and the date it should be paid by.
If your email does not look like this or if an email asks you to send payment card or bank details directly, do not respond and contact email@example.com to verify the authenticity of the email.
To pay your invoice, click on the Pay Now button or link.
This will open a browser window with your invoice details.
You will be presented with two options.
- Credit or debit card - pay using a range of popular payment cards.
- Direct Debit - pay directly from your bank account automatically (great for subscriptions).
Select the option you want to use.
Pay By Credit or Debit Card
- Type in the name as it appears on your credit or debit card.
- Add in the Card Number, Expiry Date & CVC (3 digits at the end of the signature strip).
- Fill in the full address that the card is registered to.
- Add the email address to send the confirmation to.
- Click on the Pay XXX.XX GBP button to make the payment.
- Once the payment has been successfully processed, you will receive confirmation.
If there is an issue with your payment, you will be informed.
- Your invoice will be updated to reflect the payment made.
- You will also receive a payment receipt sent to your email address.
Setup A Direct Debit (ACH)
If you are paying for a subscription product or service, the most convenient option will be to setup a direct debit (called ACH in the US) to automatically pay your invoice each billing period. We partner with a company called GoCardless to offer this facility, GoCardless are able to offer direct debit services to customers in 30+ countries so you can take advantage of this convenient option even if you live outside of the UK.
To setup a Direct Debit (ACH), follow these steps:
- Click on the Pay Now button or link in your invoice email.
- This will open your invoice in a browser window. Click on the Pay Now button.
- When asked how you would like to pay, click on the Direct Debit option.
- Fill in the basic Contact Details for your Direct Debit. Then click on Continue.
- Next add in your Bank Account details and click Continue.
- Finally, you will be asked to Confirm your details and authorise your direct debit. Tick the I can authorise Direct Debits on the account myself option and then click Setup Direct Debit.
- Once your Direct Debit has been successfully setup, you will receive a confirmation and your invoice will updated to show that you have setup a direct debit to pay it.
- You will also receive an email from GoCardless confirming your Direct Debit setup. You can view and amend or cancel your Direct Debit instruction by clicking on the View in dashboard button. This will take you to the GoCardless website where you can login (or create an account if you don't have one) to access your Direct Debit details.
Setup Auto Pay
Some customers may be offered an additional option for paying recurring invoices called Auto Pay. This is similar to a Direct Debit in that it automatically pays invoices for subscription services each billing period, but instead of directly debiting the payment from your bank account, Auto Pay will automatically charge the invoice payment to a Credit or Debit Card.
This service is provided by Stripe which is an international payment portal provider which is available to customers around the world.
Please note that Auto Pay is not available to customers in some locations. If you have not been offered the Auto Pay option but would like to investigate whether it is available in your region, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask whether Auto Pay can be enabled on your repeating invoices.
If you have been offered the Auto Pay option then you will see a Set up auto pay button in the top right of your invoices.
To setup Auto Pay, follow these steps:
- Access an invoice for a subscription service by clicking on the Pay Now option in the invoice email.
- In the top right corner of your invoice, you will see a Set up auto pay option if the option is available.
- Fill in your Name as it appears on the card.
- Add in the Card Number, Expiry Date & CVC (the 3 digit code at the end of the signature strip).
- Add in the address the card is registered to and a contact email.
- Tick the option to agree to set up auto pay and pay future invoices automatically on their due date.
- Click on the Pay XXX.XX GBP button.
- If your payment card includes advanced security features (like 2 factor authentication), follow the online instructions to complete the payment setup.
- Once you have completed the payment authorisation process, you will see a confirmation that your Auto Pay setup is complete.
- If you need to change payment card details or want to cancel Auto Pay then you can do so by opening an invoice paid using Auto Pay and clicking on the Manage Auto Pay button in the top right corner.
From here you can choose to:
In both cases, follow the onscreen instructions to complete
Create A Xero Account To View & Manage Invoices
If you would like to access previous invoices and manage your account, you can create a free customer account.
- Click on the link in the top left corner to View Outstanding Bills.
- You will be asked to login using your Xero account (if you have previously set one up) or create a new Account. Let's create a new account. Click on Create a free account.
- Fill in the contact details for the account.
- You will be emailed a Verification Email to your specified email address. Open the email and click on the Verify Account link.
- Once your account is verified and you have set a password, you are ready to login to Xero.
- You can now browse your previous invoices and view your account status online.